A hangover refers to all the symptoms of a headache, nausea, and sensitivity to noise and light. Alcohol is a toxin that weakens the body’s response to its’ own control system. The body reacts with severe headache, dizziness, thirstiness, fatigue, and stomachache. Hangover also causes skin rash (erythema) when the immune system becomes compromised. Alcohol affects almost every organ in your body including the liver and brain.
The following are tips on how to avoid a hangover
1) Drink more water to rehydrate: Alcohol dehydrates the body and makes you feel very thirsty and sick. A glass of water before bed helps to wake up quickly in the morning. Drink 6-10 glasses of water every night except on the day of your big party (usually a day before).
2) Take sugar and salt: Eat a piece of sugarcane before drinking, it allows alcohol to enter the system quickly. It is also advisable to drink a glass of cola or eat something sweet for the same reason. Salt on the other hand helps your body to eliminate the hangover toxins and salts throughout the night. You can take two spoons of salt in warm water at bedtime.
3) Take vitamin B: Vitamin B is good for your liver and it helps to counteract alcohol damage. Vitamin B works by increasing the level of B-group vitamins in your body. It also reduces hangover symptoms.
4) Take calcium powder: Vitamin D is a very important factor in the metabolism of alcohol and helps your body to metabolize alcohol quickly. Calcium also improves blood circulation and boosts immunity, especially during the winter season when you are likely to suffer from colds.
5) Have a light dinner: Eat a light dinner before going to bed. You should eat something sweet, salty, or fatty. Fatty food will make you feel full so that your body is not asking for any alcohol.
6) Avoid taking painkillers: Painkillers have adverse effects on your liver. They are bad for a hangover because they do not eliminate the toxins from your body and instead, add to the liver damage.
Alcohol is a poison, it’s best to avoid alcohol on a day-to-day basis. If you plan to drink alcohol it’s important to eat properly before and after drinking. Eat a little something sweet for the same reason. Drink water before going to bed and take vitamin B for the hangover.