Color is a very important part of our daily lives. But with all the colors available to us, sometimes we need help deciding what shades to choose for different occasions. Lip color can be more complicated than it seems too! With so many things going on with your lips and face, you need to make sure you choose the right lip color for each occasion. Here are some things to keep in mind when wearing lip stain or tint:
1. Your lips should be moisturized before applying lip stain. If your lips are chapped they will show through the color and make it look uneven.
2. Lip color should be applied to areas that are free of dirt, makeup or food particles because these will cause a transfer when you lick or kiss them.
3. Apply lip color in layers starting with the middle then working your way out to the edges of your lips.
4. If you have a lip line, use a lip liner over the color to keep it from looking drawn on. Just make sure to let the liner set in before applying the color on top of it.
5. If you have chapped lips, apply lip stain very gently to heal them and keep them smooth and supple.
6. Lip stains should not be applied directly onto your lips or into your mouth or nose as they can be drying and cause mouth cracks and bleeding gums.
7. Lip stains can be very drying so you may need to reapply a moisturizing lip balm or lip gloss to make sure your lips stay soft and smooth.
8. If you have the feeling on the inside of your lips while putting on lip color, immediately go to the bathroom and spit it out as that can be a sign that it is too drying for your lips.
9. finally, make sure you let lip color dry completely before eating, drinking or kissing.
10. If the color from your lip stain begins to fade, do not try to deepen it by putting on another coat of color as that will just cause an unevenness in the stain and make it look bad.