These are the tips for a perfect workwear wardrobe. I hope this helps you with your next shopping trip. I’ve listed some of my favourite pieces from each category, as well as budget-friendly options for each piece. Now’s the time to try things out, evaluate your style and see what feels right on you!
Budget Friendly Workwear Trend Ideas
1. Peacoat – Peacoats are a classic that are in high-demand these days because they work well with almost every outfit. A navy peacoat with a black blazer and red lipstick is a sharp look, while a grey and blue combo works well with dark brown boots.
2. Blazer – Find one that fits you comfortably. I like to invest in my outerwear (jackets, cardigans or coats). A classic navy blazer is worn with everything from black slacks to white skirts and even simple jeans!
3. Black blazer – Find one that fits you well. The black blazer is an essential part of every woman’s work wardrobe. It’s a staple and can be worn with almost anything from black slacks, skirts, trousers and even jeans.
4. White shirt – A crisp white shirt can clean up any outfit and give it a classic look. Pair it with your favourite pencil skirt or slim-fitting pants for an updated look that is more comfortable than your button-up shirts!
5. Pencil skirt – The pencil skirt is a classic piece in most women’s wardrobes. To dress it down, wear it with a simple tank or blouse. If you want to dress it up, pair it with a tailored blazer and perhaps some earrings to dress the outfit up.
6. Boots – Comfort is key! Pick a pair of boots that are comfortable and that go with everything. I love my knee-high, leather boots in black.
7. Skinny jeans – A great pair of skinny jeans are always a staple in wardrobes. They can be dressed up or down, depending on what you wear with them. I love my dark, blue skinny jeans that fit my figure perfectly and make it easy to dress up any work outfit.
8. Crop top – Crop tops are another staple in womenswear and can be worn with everything from pencil skirts to leggings and shorts!